Who Benefits from Clear Aligners?
Aligners are designed to treat mild to moderate orthodontic problems, which means the majority of people who could benefit from braces could also benefit from aligners. In general, it is best for adults and responsible teens who can handle the fact that they must change their aligners weekly and need to remember to put them back in after eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. For those who are concerned about the appearance of braces, there is no better option than aligners. However, Dr. Mathrani must determine if it is right for you.
To help you decide if Clear Aligners interest you, here are some key facts.
- The Basics: You change aligners every week, moving the teeth more and more each time until the teeth are in place. We will see you approximately every 8 weeks to check your progress.
- The Looks: With Clear Aligners, no one can see that you are in treatment. This means that you won’t see any negative effects in professional environments, when playing sports, or when playing instruments
- The Convenience: With braces, you need to change your diet and relearn how to brush and floss to accommodate the appliance. With Clear Aligners, you just remove the aligners during these activities, then replace them when done.
- The Comfort: Aligners are made from smooth, medical-grade plastic, which means they do not irritate the mouth. You will find them to be significantly more comfortable than metal braces.
- The Speed: Your aligner treatment can be expedited by using Vpro5, a device that uses high-frequency vibrations to help your aligners fit better against your teeth. Just 5 minutes of use per day leads to 50% faster treatment, greater comfort, fewer appointments, and even better results.
If you are ready to find out if Clear Aligners are right for you, contact our office today.